The Screen Time Action Network at Fairplay (“the Action Network”)(fairplayforkids.org) is the leading global coalition of children’s screen time activists and advocates working to reduce
excessive technology use harming children, adolescents, and families. The Action Network educates members and nonmembers on the business model of big tech, the
root cause of screen time challenges. We offer curated resources to professionals, educators, and families, host work groups for members to collaborate on advocacy
and resource creation, and work with impact partners to promote our agenda supporting children’s health and wellbeing in the digital age.
Our parent company is Fairplay, the leading watchdog of the children’s media and marketing industries and the only organization dedicated to ending child-targeted
marketing. Our work routinely makes headlines around the world, and our advocacy has forced some of the world’s biggest corporations – including Google, Disney,
Mattel, and Amazon – to change their marketing and data collection practices.
Fairplay is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE (tsne.org).
The Screen Time Action Network at Fairplay seeks an experienced fundraising coordinator with grant writing skills who will help us develop and implement our long-term fundraising strategy.
● Fund our mentoring program NextGen Connect for year two and beyond.
● Create a fundraising strategy that relies on our strengths and is not reliant on corporate funding.
● Build working capital for our organization to be self-sufficient.
● Create processes to support the strategy.
This is a remote, part-time position for 6 months, with an option to continue beyond these terms.
The fundraising coordinator will:
● Help create and develop our fundraising strategy.
● Identify and research private and public funding sources for our nonprofit's needs.
● Develop and draft proposals, including research and composition.
● Understand the regulations and reporting process related to the submission and administration of grant projects.
● Provide regular updates to Director about grant opportunities, awards, and activities.
● Prepare specific stewardship materials as needed including letters, briefing materials. and special documents.
● Train our Organizational Administrator to maintain grants calendar, office analytics, office procedures, budget templates, and office webpage.
● Train our Organizational Administrator to maintain process for grant compliance and tracking.
● Ensure that affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
● Evaluate our processes for future improvement.
● Our team has limited time and needs training in supporting these efforts.
● We are operating on a tight timeframe initially.
● We do not take corporate funding.
Evaluation Metrics and Criteria
● $50,000 for our NextGen Connect mentoring program within the first three months.
● $150,000 within the first six months.
● Effective transition of tasks to Organizational Administrator.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
● Expertise and experience in fundraising for nonprofits.
● Expertise in the grant acquisition process and willingness to educate the Director and Program Manager.
● Excellent research skills.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to work well with a variety of contacts at Foundations and non-profit grant support organizations.
● Support a strong vision for long term Action Network Fundraising at Fairplay.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed virtually.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
Regarding COVID-19: TSNE considers the health and safety of our employees of the utmost importance, and due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and subject to your state and local laws, our policy requires that all employees performing in-person work at a TSNE designated office are fully vaccinated. For the purpose of this policy, fully vaccinated indicates that you have received a single dose of the Janssen vaccine, or both doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine. Certain exemptions may be requested and will be considered by Human Resources.
TSNE/Fairplay strives to achieve excellence through a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that embraces all of our individual and collective differences. Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Middle Eastern and North African, Bilingual and/or Bicultural candidates, and LGBTQ2SIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We value and honor the unique talents, learning styles, and lived experiences of each individual that enrich and strengthen our workplace culture, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
All employment conditions are based on an individual’s performance and job qualifications. TSNE/Fairplay prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, creed, color, religion, native language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, race-based hairstyles, or any other protected characteristic stated by federal and state law. Regardless of any class’ protection under the law or lack thereof, TSNE/ Fairplay celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse team of employees. It is represented in our workplace culture, and it is who we are.
TSNE/Fairplay's EEO statement extends to volunteers, interns, contractors, vendors, and clients.