We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Finance and/or Business Management or related degree;
- 4+ years demonstrated progressive management history in a nonprofit;
- Program evaluation experience;
- Effective and productive in a remote work environment;
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office software and Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite;
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills inclusive of public speaking, facilitation and social media;
- Experience in building relationships with diverse populations;
- Align with A Way Home America’s core values:
- Recognize and Center Intersectionality
- Name and Challenge White Supremacy
- Engage in Principled Struggle
- Practice Targeted Universalism
- Generate Transformative Visions Toward Liberation
- Create a Culture of Accountability
- Open to understanding young people;
- Passionate about the mission to end youth homeless and impact change in existing systems;
- Able to give and receive feedback with love, rigor, and respect, honoring individual differences and promoting a healthy life/work balance;
- Has integrity and accountability;
- Belief in Racial and LGBTQ+ Equity;
- Holds all accountable for anti-black racism and colorism;
- Be adaptable to the workload and self-sufficient.
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ability to travel for events and meetings;
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends;
- Research experience is also a plus.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Lived experience in homelessness, child welfare, juvenile justice is a plus
- Bi-lingual ability is a plus (Spanish preferred).
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- May require extended periods at a computer.
- Reach; traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); occasionally ascend/descend; and position self (to) move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Compensation and Benefits
Location: Work will be primarily performed remotely.
This role will require ability to travel for events and meetings and ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $55,000/yr and is commensurate with experience or not include that at all.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and sick time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim;
- Low-cost MetLife Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
- ...and more!
TSNE/AWHA envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE/AWHA will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.