The Senior Manager, Development (Sr. Manager) position is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining a comprehensive private and public-sector fund-raising program on behalf of Ada Developers Academy and to enhance the mission and vision established by the Board of Directors and administered by the Executive Director.
The role will work closely with the Executive Director to plan, organize, and direct all of ADA’s fundraising including: the major gifts program, loan fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Sr. manager will also work with the Executive Director to determine success metrics for the essential job functions. The Sr. Manager will partner with staff, industry organizations, sponsor partners, donors, and community members to execute deliverables in the essential job functions. Throughout all responsibilities, the Sr. Manager will maintain collaborative, productive relationships both within and outside of the organization and will demonstrate high-level organization and management skills in order to focus simultaneously on the strategic and operational issues necessary to meet the stated goals and complete successful projects.
- Establish a Development roadmap that supports ADA’s strategic goals;
- Design and implement a comprehensive development program including appropriate marketing strategies;
- Work collaboratively with Ada staff members to identify avenues of economic support for Ada’s programs and projects;
- Aggressively seek new corporate/foundation funding sources and maintain relationships with current/past donors. Represent Ada in meeting with potential funding sources;
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors;
- Oversee acquisition of grant funding including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements;
- Build the planned giving program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives;
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising initiatives;
- Coordinate fundraising special events;
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about Ada and its mission with the community and constituents;
- Support Board Development Committee meetings;
- Oversee the fundraising database and tracking systems;
- Collaborate with Ada’s Marketing staff for communications rollouts, events, and producing public-facing content and materials;
- Maintain ongoing contact with Ada staff regarding Ada programs and plans;
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Communication Proficiency;
- Financial Management;
- Takes Initiative;
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility;
- Results Driven;
- Stress Management/Composure.